The perfect fit often starts with the right recruiter. Establishing a connection with a recruiter will make your job search more successful and enjoyable.
HOW TO REACH OUT TO A RECRUITER
- Email or text to set up a phone call. This way, you’ll better understand the role and build a foundation of trust with the recruiter.
- Speak to a recruiter before being submitted to a role!
- While some companies require in-person interviews with a recruiter, a 15-20 minute phone call should suffice.
WHEN TO FOLLOW UP WITH A RECRUITER
- Create a communication plan with your recruiter to decide how frequently you’ll trade search updates.
WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK A RECRUITER
- How long has your company been working with the client?
- How does my background compare to others, you’ve connected with about this role?