Tucson, AZ | Job #: 18-06290
A researcher and developer of pathology lab instruments, marketing instrument reagent systems that automate tissue and slide staining in anatomic pathology labs, is seeking to expand their scientific network through hiring a Biotech Scientist. Products developed by this company assist in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer and infectious diseases, as a member of a multinational healthcare company that develops pharmaceuticals and diagnostics.
Pay Range: $35-$38 hour, dependent upon experience
Timeline: 01/21/2019 – 04/30/2019
- Ph.D. degree in Science, entry level, or Master's degree with 3+ years, or Bachelors with 8 years relevant experience.
- Experience with Medical Device or Pharma regulations (will be responsible for handling exception events ie. testing failures).
- Experience with Tissue Diagnostics.
- Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Strong understanding of scientific principles and concepts.
- Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents.
- Strong follow up skills (get new requests for help every day).
Job Description: This individual will be responsible for initiating, directing and executing scientific research, development and manufacturing process strategies to support new and existing products. They will investigate the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems. Additionally, they will plan and executes laboratory research. Their primary goal will be to conduct research and development activities for products, methods and/or processes. Projects are assigned with defined scope and goals.