South San Francisco, CA | Job #: 19-00933
Title: Research Associate
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Starting Contract: 1 year – opportunities for advancement!
Schedule: Full-time, M-F
We are seeking a highly motivated individual Research Associate/Assistant (RA) to join the Department of Preclinical and Translational Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics (PTPK). (S)He will be part of a group that applies preclinical models to determine the PK and metabolic fate of our candidate Oncology and Immunology therapeutics.
- This information will be applied to select lead molecules, optimize dosing strategies, and facilitate clinical development and regulatory approval of Client biotherapeutics, most notably working on the development of antibody drug conjugates.
- The hands-on activities will include PK study design, protocol execution, PK and PKPD data analysis, database entry/updates, data reporting, basic modeling and simulation activities, team interactions, and department presentations.
- Lab related activities include oversight of nonclinical PKPD studies, including dose preparation and analysis for in vivo studies.
- The successful candidate is expected to contribute to nonclinical study execution, team presentations, database updates and the writing of study reports.
- The successful candidate should have 2-5 years of hands-on preclinical R&D experience.
- Previous experience working within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry conducting preclinical PK and/or bio-distribution studies is considered a plus.
- The candidate must have basic understanding of bioanalytical techniques (eg FACS, ELISA, LCMS), cell culture, and basic animal physiology.
- The candidate will also be expected to actively participate in data analysis and report writing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, as well as demonstrated effectiveness in a team setting are important.
BA/BS/MS or equivalent experience