Project Manager II
Cary, NC | Job #: 18-06271
Our client, a leader in the Insurance industry is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their team on a CONTRACT TO HIRE basis! You will be part of the Global Marketing Technology organization, this position will play a critical role in managing resources, communications, and strategies that drive engaging digital experiences. We are looking for a passionate, customer-centric, experienced lead who thrives at the intersection of marketing and technology. In this role you will immerse yourself in the portfolio of digital marketing platform investments, oversee the project health of executing cutting edge marketing technologies, and manage the resource allocations for properties. If you are interested in this position, please apply ASAP!
- Performance Enablement: Provide direction on priorities, funding, and gaps to Project Managers within the Digital Services organization, enabling them to move the needle on their initiatives. Enforce project health to meet organizational KPIs and drive management rigor.
- Funding Oversight: Manage the budget of the Digital Service portfolio, with monthly review for leadership to escalate at risk programs and ensure funding is secured for major initiatives. Create proposals to secure new funding from business partners and gain buy in from global leaders.
- Resource Management: Lead and manage the allocation of 20-30 full time resources to ensure all projects are staffed appropriately and that skillsets are utilized to enhance efficiency. This includes identifying gaps in knowledge and solutions to provide the get approval on the headcount needed to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Process Planning: Provide thought leadership to create an environment that fosters innovations and drives the business forward in maturity to build a world-class Marketing Technology shared-services practice. Identify efficiencies in processes to streamline the execution of shared services.
- Leadership Communications: Work with global leaders to inform them of emerging digital technology platforms, and deliver communications on what our initiatives mean from a global perspective. Create release notes and recognition announcements for major accomplishments.
- Team Building & Recognition: Organize regular team building and town hall events to communicate strategy and foster comradery within the organization by informing the goals, strategies, and successes of teams.
- 5+ years experience in software engineering and/or organizational operations experience.
- 5+ years experience managing software development teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global environment with matrix organizational management
- Communications and presentation master, with the ability to gain wide consensus and advance change at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to steer communications to reflect the benefits of project initiatives and gain buy in from leadership.
- Experience focused in two or more of the following Marketing Technology domains: Web Experience Management, Campaign Management, E-commerce, Testing & Optimization, or Data Management Platforms.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a related technology discipline.
- Experience integrating marketing applications with other enterprise applications, as well as internal and external data sources.