IT Project Manager
Fort Mill, SC | Job #: 18-06467
IT Project Manager
One of our clients is looking for an IT Project Manager located in Fort Mill, SC. This person will be responsible for developing, refining, validating and managing project plans to ensure on time and on budget delivery of major technology initiatives across the enterprise. This is a great opportunity to join a leading global healthcare solutions company. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity please apply today!
- Utilizing project management methods, standards, project integration as well as the coordination of all internal and external resources required to complete assigned projects
- Provides timely and concise communications to functional leadership regarding project status and pending issues
- Analyzes processes and makes recommendations for optimizing resources and product delivery
- Develops project plans based on specifications provided by the Portfolio Management staff and manages effective execution of the initiatives
- Builds consensus among multiple process leads relative to project scope, task execution, staffing and issue resolution.
- Brokers services within IBS and ABC vendors on behalf of the business area represented
- Provides overall financial direction for the projects to manage the development of budgets, controls and measurements to monitor project progress
- Identifies potential risks within the project; proactively manages issues
- Participates in identifying project costs, resource allocation, project schedule changes and issue escalation
- Frequently interacts with IBS staff including business area management, portfolio managers, vendors, consultants and other contractors.
- Must be willing to travel up to 35 percent of the time
- 5+ years of experience working as an IT Project Manager
- Hand on computer hardware experience with general mainframe, midrange, network and desktop technologies
- Experience with computer software including application development lifecycle, MS Office Suite and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills
- Strong analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills