Hard Copy Data Entry Specialist
Mason, OH | Job #: 19-05543
Posted on September 4, 2019
The Data Entry Specialist will perform membership data entry of various documents into the membership system for new plans and existing plans, and work with internal personnel. Also troubleshoots data issues through coordination and communication with Supervisor and team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key membership data into the membership system efficiently and accurately.
- Follow data processing guidelines and meet established standards.
- Coordinate receipt, tracking, keying, and filing of membership data.
- Research, communicate and resolve membership discrepancies.
- Communicate with Supervisor, team, and internal personnel regarding data issues in a timely manner and escalate as necessary to EyeMed management team.
- Identify and recommend systems and process modifications necessary to effectively and efficiently support the membership data entry function.
- Ability to research, communicate and resolve membership discrepancies.
- Key data from numerous paper document formats received:
- All formats of reports received.
- Standard EyeMed forms
- Non-standard forms
- Non-standard emails
- Complete urgent data entry received by clients within 3 hours of receipt.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- At least 1 year of data entry experience.
- Ability to read/interpret hand written forms and key data into systems.
- Minimum keystroke per hour requirement of 9,000 alpha and numeric.
- Ability to assume more complex tasks and grow within the team.
- Detailed working knowledge of mainframe computers and systems in general.
- Detailed working knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Understands third party benefits and administration.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task.
- Previous knowledge/experience in the insurance industry helpful.
- Membership/enrollment experience preferred.
- Familiarity with data entry systems as well as web-based applications.
- Speed, efficiency, and ability to adapt to heavy workloads and varying duties.