ETL/Big Data Developer
Menlo Park, CA | Job #: 19-03636
Posted on June 18, 2019
Menlo Park, CA
This is an amazing opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest social media networks in their Menlo Park campus! Successful candidates have experience in data engineering, strong experience with Hadoop, and coding/scripting knowledge.
- Apply proven expertise and build high-performance, scalable data warehouse application
- Securely source external data from numerous global partners
- Intelligently design data models for optimal storage and retrieval
- Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure high quality of data
- Optimize existing pipelines and implement new ones, maintenance of all domain-related data pipelines
- Ownership of the end-to-end data engineering component of the solution
- Collaboration with the program’s SMEs, data scientists
- Data Engineer will rotate on an On-Call shift as needed to support the team.
- 5+ years’ experience in data engineering, proven expertise of applying DWH/ETL best practices
- Proficiency in LAMP and the Big Data stack environments (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive)
- Competence with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience working with enterprise DE tools, ability to learn in-house DE tools quickly
- Coding and scripting experience with Python, Java, PHP, SQL, CLI
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Someone who understands the difference between Kimball vs Inmon data warehouse methodology.
- Someone who knows what and how to use different tools/mechanism to get data in and out of HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File Systems).
- Someone who has a keen understanding of the key differences between Python and other programming languages like Java/C++.
BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field