Actuarial and Finance Modernization Director
St. Paul, MN | Job #: 19-05534
$0 - $72.120 / Hour
Posted on September 4, 2019
Schedule: 8am – 4:45pm; 40 hrs/wk
This role is a key member of Actuarial and Finance Modernization (AFM) team. The Director of the AFM program will focus on advancing the AFM roadmap, championing the program across the organization and bringing expertise in finance, actuarial, and technology solutions to the program.
- Drive implementation of Actuarial and Finance Modernization (AFM) program by serving as overall program director, accountable to executive sponsors.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify opportunities for significant enhancements and lead change management initiatives.
- Implement actuarial and finance data and system architecture in partnership with Enterprise Technology and Core Team.
- Drive annual funding requests for AFM through Strategic Plan Funding or other budgeting initiatives.
- Lead and/or execute special organizational projects.
- Coordinate AFM efforts with other enterprise initiatives such as Structural Cost Transformation, Enterprise Technology Transformation, implementation of new accounting guidance (e.g. Principle Based Reserves, GAAP Long Duration Targeted Improvements, Enterprise Actuarial Analytics, RPA initiatives, etc.).
- Experience in leading significant change management and/or modernization efforts in financial services organizations.
- Advanced project management skills, initiative, and independence to effectively prioritize and ensure the completion and implementation of various projects.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with strong personal and organizational accountability and initiative. Proven ability to create, influence, and implement strategies related to business operations and organizational change.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate and advocate for the program.
- Good understanding on accounting principles, or actuarial concepts.
- Team player with excellent work ethic, exercising sound judgment and commitment to high ethical standards.
- Proven creative, resilient, and flexibility style and approach to solving problems, with high tolerance for ambiguity.
- CPA, FSA or MBA designation.
- Background in leading accounting and/or actuarial transformations with the understanding of technology associated with transformations.
- Understanding of data governance concepts and best practices.